We are proud to announce Stephanie Reid as a Brighter Lives ambassador!
Stephanie is the current co-vice captain of the Townsville Fire and since moving to Townsville, the basketballer has been keen to involve herself with the community and was thrilled to learn that Brighter Lives is a 100% local charity helping north Queenslanders.
“Working with a charity that aims to improve locals’ time at hospital is so important. Whether that is through funding new medical equipment, research or providing support through volunteers, Brighter Lives really helps patients in North Queensland,” Stephanie said.
Stephanie will jump right into the action with Brighter Lives, launching the Care Pack Drive for this year.
The care packs are designed to provide activities and distractions for children staying at hospital as well as patients of all ages who find themselves in hospital without any provisions such as toiletries or clothing.
“The demand for care packs has increased dramatically over the last two years. We greatly appreciate donations from the local community to help meet this ongoing demand,” CEO of Brighter Lives, Tanya Busoli, said.
Items required for the care packs include (new items):
- Activity books/colouring-in books/sticker books
- Children’s small books
- Pencils or crayons
- Small toys
- Adult activity books such as crossword books or adult colouring-in books
- Clothing - comfortable clothing such as brand new pyjamas, shorts, t-shirts, underwear and thongs
- Soap - Items must be individually wrapped for hygiene purposes
- Toothbrushes - Items must be individually packaged for hygiene purposes
- Toiletries - Items must be individually packaged for hygiene purposes
Items can be dropped directly to the Townsville University Hospital (to the Brighter Lives gift shop), the Vale Hotel, the Dalrymple Hotel, Carmichael Ford.
If your business would like to nominate to be a collection point or would be interested in having items collected from your business, don't hesitate to get in touch with Brighter Lives - 07) 4433 1337.