14th November 2022
You can help us put smiles on local faces with our care packs.
We are asking our community to help make our patients' stay in hospital a bit brighter with our care packs.
The care packs are designed to provide activities and distractions for children staying at hospital as well as patients of all ages who find themselves in hospital without any provisions such as toiletries or clothing.
Please note that we can only accept new and unused items.
Items required for the care packs include (new items):
- Activity books/colouring-in books/sticker books
- Children’s small books
- Pencils or crayons
- Small toys
- Adult activity books such as crossword books or adult colouring-in books
- Clothing - comfortable clothing such as brand new pyjamas, shorts, tshirts, underwear and thongs
- Soap - Items must be individually wrapped for hygiene purposes
- Toothbrushes - Items must be individually packaged for hygiene purposes
- Toiletries - Items must be individually packaged for hygiene purposes
Items can be dropped directly to the Brighter Lives gift shop at the Townsville University Hospital or dropped to the Vale Hotel, the Dalrymple Hotel or Carmichael Ford.
If your business would like to nominate to be a collection point or would be interested in having items collected from your business, don't hesitate to get in touch with Brighter Lives - 07) 4433 1337.