John and Vicki Williams Special Funding Round
The John and Vicki Williams special funding round aims to fulfil equipment needs identified by staff across Townsville Hospital and Health Service (THHS).
This special funding round is made possible thanks to the generosity of John and Vicki Williams.
Applications for the John and Vicki Williams Special Funding Round have now closed. Successful applicants will be advised in September 2023.
About this funding round
- Total funding available: $2,000,000
- Grant range: $1,000+
Thank you to our generous donors
Prominent North Queensland philanthropists John Williams and the late Vicki Williams have gifted a two-million-dollar ($2,000,000) donation to fund medical equipment across Townsville Hospital and Health Service.
The donation was made to Brighter Lives to fund the John and Vicki Williams special equipment funding round.
John Williams said, “Vicki and I wanted to make a donation that would help our community directly. By funding medical equipment we know that this gift will help people when they need it the most.”
“This is a cause that is very important to Vicki and me. We have spent time at Townsville University Hospital and enjoyed living and working in North Queensland.
“Vicki wished to make a significant contribution to our local health service, and while this is something we decided together it is also very much in her honour.”
John Williams is the son of Sir Sydney Williams, a prominent north Queensland identity knighted for his contribution to tourism – including resort development, aviation and environmental research.
John continued the family legacy with commercial and philanthropic enterprises.
Deadlines and timeframes
Applications closed Friday 4 August 2023. Late submissions cannot be accepted. Successful applicants will be advised in September 2023.
- Funds cannot be used for ongoing costs associated with equipment. Funds can be used for initial equipment purchase only; please confirm during the application process that THHS is able to fund any ongoing costs associated with the equipment including consumables, maintenance, staffing and training and other costs.
- Funds cannot be used to replace existing equipment purchased by THHS.
- Complete application form including uploading quote/s.
- Form will be automatically forwarded to your head of department / DON / NUM for support.
- Supported forms will be assessed by THHS representatives, Brighter Lives board and representative/s of the donor.
- Successful applications are expected to be announced in September 2023.
- Unsuccessful applications will be advised. Unsuccessful applications may be eligible to be submitted to Brighter Lives standard funding rounds.
- Successful applicants are required to advise Brighter Lives when equipment is received and participate in promotional activities.
- Within six months of receipt of equipment, applicants are required to provide a brief report outlining how the equipment has helped.
Contact Tanya Busoli, Brighter Lives CEO on 4433 1337 or email [email protected]